Simply Linux 9
Simply Linux is a Ninth Platform based distribution produced by BaseALT Ltd.
Simply Linux is easy to install and use operating system that enables users to perform all of their day-to-day tasks without fearing virii or wasting their time searching the Internet or stores for all the necessary software.
Simply Linux project is the Linux OS adapted for the user. The project's idea is to interest the user with Free Software by showing the comfort and convenience of working with it.
The software suite includes more than 30 application software packages for most user needs as well as wide range of device drivers making peripherals use easier.
You can find license terms for the distribution here.
Software versions as of release day
- Xfce 4.14 desktop environment
- Linux kernel 5.4.25 (4.9.140 for Nvidia Jetson Nano)
- LibreOffice 188.8.131.52 ("still")
- Chromium 80 web browser (Firefox ESR 68.6.0 for aarch64)
- WINE 5.0 Win32 compatibility layer (x86 only)
- GIMP 2.10.12 raster graphics editor
- Inkscape 0.92.4 vector graphics editor
- Systemd 243.7
- Xorg 1.20.5
- NetworkManager 1.18.4
- Thunderbird 68.6.0
- Audacious 3.10.1
- Pidgin 2.13.0
- VLC 3.0.8 (celluloid 0.18 for aarch64 and mipsel)
Simply Linux 9 is released for the following hardware platforms:
- x86 — 32-bit Intel and AMD processors;
- x86_64 — 64-bit Intel and AMD processorts;
- aarch64 — 64-bit ARMv8-compatible processors;
- mipsel — 32-bit MIPS Little Endian processors;
- e2k* — 64-bit Elbrus processors (v3/v4).
- multiboot image with Install, Live and Rescue modes;
- live image (installation possible either).
These ISO images are hybrid, i.e. suitable for writing onto both DVD media and USB Flash sticks.
Use dd utility to write an image onto a USB thumbdrive (the whole device, not a partition; e.g. /dev/sdb and not /dev/sdb1).
|Distribution||Minimal RAM size||Recommended RAM size||Disk space|
|Simply Linux 9||512 MB||1+ GB||25+ GB|
|Simply Linux live 9||512 MB||1+ GB||10+ GB|
Download aarch64 images
Filesystem image can be written onto media following this guide (in Russian).
Download mipsel images
This section presents builds for BE-T1000 processor (known before as Baikal-T1).
Filesystem image in recovery.tar format can be flashed following this guide (in Russian).
Builds for these targets are available as technology preview:
Preliminary builds for Baikal-M