Non-delivery of email sent by automated services to altlinux.org
Quite often automated user verification emails (from other wikis, forums, services, etc.) don't pass through to my altlinux mailbox (
@altlinux.org). One such case has been investigated and the reason was:
altlinux.org appears to be doing sender-callback-verification... the firstname.lastname@example.org address indeed appears to be missing now. It used to exist (exactly for this reason) so I'm not sure what happened to it. I just put it back.
For administrators of external services that send automated emails:
If the users from altlinux.org have problems with receiving the messages, please make your service even better: make sure your service has everything to pass this "sender-callback-verification"!
- http://bugs.mcst.ru/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1209 (a Bugzilla installation) (mike@: do you confirm that you haven't received a message as a CC in , ?)
Bad (not fixed)
- https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/haskell-prime (a Trac installation)
- ? https://en.bitcoin.it and https://ru.bitcoin.it (a MediaWiki installation)
- https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=21347 (in MediaWiki)
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=524822 (a MediaWiki installation)
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=153051#c5 (a Bugzilla installation)
- repo.or.cz's key updates
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=73703(a Bugzilla installation) was my fault: the emails from a bugzilla were filtered and deleivered to a separate mailbox. (Registered successfully now.)