When attempting to shutdown (log-off) the EeePC, the power LED remains on and the laptop does not completely power itself down.
1) Open a terminal window by pressing ALT-F2, then type konsole in the command line and click Run.
2) Go to "Super User" mode by typing su and press ENTER. Enter the password for the Super User on your system.
3) Type vi /etc/init.d/halt and press ENTER.
4) Type i and then use the cursor keys to move your cursor to the line just below the last # at the top of the window.
5) Type rmmod snd-hda-intel and then press the Esc key.
6) Type :wq and press ENTER to save your changes.
7) Close the Konsole application window.