Alterator is a system configuration framework.
Alterator is layered:
- implement system interaction,
- implement GUI and configuration logic,
- translate frontend GUI descriptions to the specific GUI (Qt or Web).
Frontend and interfaces are implemented in Scheme. Backend/frontend interaction is performed through sockets by the specific Lisp-inspired protocol.
Backends may be written in any language, and there are existing libraries for POSIX shell and Perl for dealing with frontend communication protocol.
Alterator is currently used
Alterator is licensed under GPLv2 or later.
- alterator-* git repositories
- Mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org