Simply Linux 10
Simply Linux — Simply Linux is a Tenth Platform based distribution produced by BaseALT Ltd.
Simply Linux is easy to install and user-friendly operating system that enables users to perform all of their day-to-day tasks without fearing viruses or wasting their time searching the Internet or stores for all the necessary software. Simply Linux is the operating system for everyone. It is easy to use, lightweight, functional and reliable.
Simply Linux project is the Linux OS adapted for the user. The project's idea is to interest the user with Free Software by showing the comfort and convenience of working with it.
The software suite includes more than 30 application software packages for most user needs as well as wide range of device drivers making peripherals use easier.
You can find license terms for the distribution here.
Simply Linux 10 is released for the following hardware platforms:
- x86 — 32-bit Intel and AMD processors;
- x86_64 — 64-bit Intel and AMD processors;
- aarch64 — 64-bit ARMv8-compatible processors;
- e2k* — 64-bit Elbrus processors; availability see below.
- riscv64 — 64-bit RISC-V processors.
Software versions as of release day
- Xfce 4.16 desktop environment
- Linux kernel 5.10.88
- LibreOffice 126.96.36.199 ("still")
- Chromium 96 web browser
- WINE 6.14.1 Win32 compatibility layer (x86 only)
- GIMP 2.10.28 raster graphics editor
- Inkscape 1.1 vector graphics editor
- Systemd 249.7
- Xorg 1.20.13
- NetworkManager 1.32.12
- Thunderbird 91.4.1
- Audacious 4.1
- Pidgin 2.14.3
- VLC 3.0.16
December 30, 2021
These ISO images are hybrid, i.e. suitable for writing onto both DVD media and USB Flash sticks. Use dd utility to write an image onto a USB thumbdrive (the whole device, not a partition; e.g. /dev/sdb and not /dev/sdb1).
|Distribution||Minimal RAM size||Recommended RAM size||Hard disk space|
|Simply Linux 10||1 ГБ||2+ ГБ||30+ ГБ|
|Simply Linux live 10||1 ГБ||2+ ГБ||20+ ГБ|
- multiboot image with Install, Live and Rescue modes;
- live image (installation possible either).
Images for aarch64 are also supported by Baikal-M.
Download filesystem image
A filesystem image can be written for Raspberry Pi 4 following this guide (in Russian).
Download SD card images
An SD card image can be written onto media following this guide (in Russian).
Before running in QEMU the img.xz image should be unpacked into img.
Get images Simply Linux 10 for Elbrus
The distribution kit is based on the Linux kernel 5.4.163.
- Previous version Simply Linux 9
- [e2k third to fifth] (from 4С to 8СВ)