ALT Linux 7.0 Centaurus
From ALT Linux Wiki
ALT Linux 7.0 Centaurus is a multi-purpose distribution for servers and workstations. The distribution includes Linux kernel 22.214.171.124 (std-def). Users can choose between two desktop environments: MATE for workstations and FVWM as a minimalist environment for server administration.
The Seventh Platform
- A choice of configurations (i.e. web server, graphical desktop) during the installation
- A possibility to either set up an integrated network solution based on Kerberos/LDAP/Samba or to use only separate services
- Installation of a variety of server and end-user solutions from a single disk
- Facilitated deployment of diskless client networks
Release date and support cycle
Release: 1 July, 2013
End of support (if other conditions are not agreed upon with the customer): 30 June, 2016, but not earlier than 6 months after the release of ALT Linux 8.0 Centaurus.
New in 7.0 release
- Support for installation in UEFI mode (for 64-bit versions).
- When setting up with the server profile selected, the SysVinit initialization system is used, when setting up as a workstation, the newer Systemd is used instead. The initialization system can be changed at the stage of package selection.
- Support for IPv6 (including Etcnet and Alterator modules).
- Implemented integration with pam_ccreds, which allows to comfortably use a domain-connected computer outside the domain (can be switched on in System Management Center → Authentication).
- Domain can be used to authenticate Windows-based computers.
- There is a choice of domain-enabled applications: mediawiki, owncloud, moodle.
- Introduced support for installation on encrypted partitions (an unencrypted /boot partition is required) with LUKS.
- Improved support for execution of 32-bit applications in a 64-bit environment.
- Implemented out-of-the-box support for the popular 1С accounting software (with the 1c-preinstall package).
- Minimal installation (no software groups selected): 1,1 GB
- Maximum installation (all software groups selected): 5,2 GB
- Default disk partition configuration: 13 GB and more
The distribution is available in builds for i586 and x86_64 CPU architectures in two formats:
- DVD image with a choice of boot modes: installation, LiveCD, system rescue;
- CD image with a LiveCD system.
It is possible to install a system within the LiveCD mode (using either the DVD or the CD image). However, LiveCD installation is only supported for workstations, and the selection of installable packages will be different from the one available when setting up a system in the "installation" mode from DVD.
All images are hybrid and can be recorded on either DVD disks or USB flash drives. It is recommended to use the dd utility to record the installation images on USB flash drives. In this case, the image should be recorded on the whole drive (/dev/sdb), and not on an individual partition (/dev/sdb1).
The following locations support both ftp:// and http:// access:
- ftp://ftp.altlinux.org/pub/distributions/ALTLinux/p7/images/centaurus/ (main server)
|altlinux-7.0.0-centaurus-x86_64-ru-install-dvd5.iso||Hybrid installation DVD+LiveCD (x86_64), file list||3,5 GB||990cf4cfb2b07d01500040b7f202368e|
|altlinux-7.0.0-centaurus-i586-ru-install-dvd5.iso||Hybrid installation DVD+LiveCD (i586), file list||3,3 GB||d2f014c2b1d3a9b831372ea7978b7524|
|altlinux-7.0.0-centaurus-x86_64-ru-live-cd.iso||LiveCD (x86_64), file list||817 MB||badbe3cd9a44baf72e87b5abff8d18c5|
|altlinux-7.0.0-centaurus-i586-ru-live-cd.iso||LiveCD (i586), file list||693 MB||fc58d371127e1e704bfa1686c4e83824|